MetLaw Senior Plan
With the MetLaw Senior Plan, you and your family will receive value, convenience and comfort in knowing you can access legal services including unlimited phone and office consultations, powers of attorney, demand letters and document review. The legal plan can help you, your spouse and dependents prepare for legal needs that may lie ahead. You can also use the plan for matters related to your parents and spouse’s parents as they impact you.
Legal Services Offered
Legal Advice and Consultation
You will have phone and office access to a network attorney for the following services:
- Telephone Advice and Consultation – Unlimited phone consultations for personal and family legal questions.
- Office Advice and Consultations – Unlimited office consultations to speak one-on-one with an attorney regarding your personal legal matters
- Document Review – Full coverage for the review of any personal legal document of the participant.
- Elder Law Matters – Covers counseling the participant over the phone or in office on any personal issues relating to the participant’s parents as they affect the participant such as:
- Reviewing documents of the parents.
- Medicare or Medicaid material review.
- Prescription plans.
- Nursing home agreements.
- Powers of Attorney.
- Living Wills and Wills.
- Also includes preparing deeds involving the parents when the participant is either the grantor or the grantee.
- Preparing promissory notes involving the parents when the participant is the payor or payee.
- Fully prepared affidavits.
- Demand letters: Preparing letters that demand money, property or some other property interest of the participant.
- Powers of Attorney
If a matter requires an in-office visit, you can meet with a Network Attorney and MetLaw will pay for your office consultation 100%.
To use a Network Attorney:
- Call 1.800.821.6400 Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–8 p.m. ET and identify yourself as a MetLaw Senior plan member. We will refer you to a local attorney. Or visit info.legalplans.com to view all participating plan attorneys.
- Contact the attorney to make an appointment.
- Ask the attorney what material you should bring to your appointment.
- The attorney will provide the needed services.
- The Network Attorney will bill you according to your plan parameters.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click on the question to view the answer
Which of my family members can benefits from Senior Defender Plan?
The legal plan can help you, your spouse and dependents prepare for legal needs that may lie ahead. You can also use the plan for matters related to your parents and spouse’s parents as they impact you.
Which insurance company makes the Legal Insurance Plan available to me?
MetLaw is offered by Hyatt Legal Plans, a MetLife Company, that underwrites and administers the MetLaw Senior Legal Plan. Hyatt Legal Plans is the market leader in group legal plans.
For questions, contact 1.800.821.6400, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. ET
or visit info.legalplans.com and enter access code 8890010.
MetLaw Legal Plan & Senior Plan
Mon – Fri, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET
Access Code: 8900010
FBMC Service Center
Mon - Fri,
7 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET
7 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET /
Seven days a week